Yin Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training: FOUNDATIONS
Oct 26-29, 2018 | 30hrs
with Sagel Urlacher
Earlybird Rate: $465 — register today & save! ( Regular Rate: $495 )
Whether you’re a yoga teacher wanting to offer your students “the other half” of their practice or simply a practitioner wanting to deepen your understanding of Yin Yoga & Meditation, Sagel’s Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training is informative, engaging, and inspiring. This training offers you a strong foundation in the Yin Yoga and Meditation practices and includes a deep dive into both Daoist Yin Yoga and its beneficial effects on the soft tissues of our bodies as well as core Mindfulness meditation practices and enhanced opportunities to explore them within the landscape of Yin Yoga.
This accessible training will provide you with tools to establish a home practice and the foundational knowledge you need to lead yourself or others through safe, effective, and compassionate Yin Yoga & Meditation sessions, covering the fundamentals of Yin, poses and safety, Pranayama and subtle energy movement, and the foundations of Applied Mindfulness practices. Anyone is welcome to apply — no 200hr yoga teacher training certificate is required.
"I have gone to many different kinds of trainings in both the yoga and non-yoga world, and your approach to teaching is unlike anything I have experienced. You embody what you teach. You live it and understand it completely at a cellular level. It simply flows from you as effortlessly and consistently as the breath…I feel confident in teaching a safe, well thought out Yin class and now feel empowered to go with my own heart!"
— KF, Boston
Sagel is a certified YACEP with Yoga Alliance, and current Registered Yoga Teachers are eligible to receive 30 Continuing Education Credits with YA from this program.
In this Yin Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training, you will:
- Cover the basics of Yin Yoga, including: Yin-Yang philosophy, Yin’s foundational teachers, and the four guiding principles for a safe, effective & sustainable practice.
- Explore the powerful combination of Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation as a tool to support holistic health and well-being for the whole self.
- Learn how to lead yourself and/or teach others the classical Yin Poses including courteous sequencing and meeting variety of diverse student needs.
- Enjoy an Asana breakdown lab, including effective cuing, use of props, pose variations and modifications, and safety precautions.
- Experience a sampling of distinct Yin Yoga classes and receive sequences of each.
- Discover the Western scientific view of Yin Yoga and the science behind how it works to bring benefit to the body’s connective tissues, so critical to maintaining structure, support, flexibility, and freedom of movement.
- Discuss Classical Indian Yoga and Chinese Daoist Organ & Meridian Theory as the two primary roots of the Yin Practice and how Yin helps maintain the vibrancy of the subtle energy body.
- Learn to lead and incorporate foundational, Yin-like Pranayama practices into classes.
- Explore the foundational Buddhist philosophy using Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh’s framework and incorporating Mindfulness Meditation into the Yin yoga practice.
- Receive basic seated meditation instructions to help you guide yourself and students of all levels through samatha/vipassana meditation exercises during your class.
- Practice teaching others in the group, including feedback and discussion.
- Discuss how to develop, introduce, and market Yin Yoga & Meditation classes.
Visit MyMeditativeYoga.com for additional
Current registered yoga teachers completing this program will be eligible to receive 30 hours of Continuing Education credits with Yoga Alliance.
$465 — register today & save!